Join my Mailing List for Free Books!

Friday, May 24, 2013

Friday Four!


The Program (The Program, #1)

1. What am I reading? I'm thoroughly enjoying THE PROGRAM by Suzanne Young. Funny, the love interest in this one has the same name (first and last) as an old friend of my husband's. But the characters are so well-drawn and captivating, I had no trouble getting over the name thing. Do names sometimes hinder you when you're reading, because of personal experience with a name or expectations of a name?

2. What am I writing? Still working on LIVING OUT LOUD. I've cut almost 15k from this manuscript in the last week and a half, so I'm really happy about that. My sentimental side has almost completely been shut off. (Hopefully temporarily!)

3. I'm planning a writing class for the fall, for homeschool kids around my son's age (nine), and it looks like we will have a houseful! Twelve kids want to take the class (or their parents want them to take it). We will meet once a week to learn about novel-writing through September and October, and then the kids will all be working on their own "NaNo" projects through the month of November.

4. Other than that, I don't have much planned for upcoming events. I will be signing books at the Surrey International Writers Conference (hopefully), and have submitted a few conference proposals. If you have a local writer's conference that brings in out of town authors, let me know. I'd love to travel a little in the next year teaching on FAST FICTION to coincide with my book by that name.

I'm off to my son's judo tournament this weekend, and then a birthday party with "The Reptile Guy." Maybe I'll let my husband take my son to that one! The sun is shining. Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment