Friday, May 17, 2013

Friday Four!


Pieces

1. What am I reading? PIECES by Chris Lynch. This guy is a freaking phenomenal writer.

2. What am I writing? Same ol' same ol'. LIVING OUT LOUD. But I've finished up the tedious revisions and I'm now onto big picture stuff--deleting entire scenes or chapters, moving stuff around, creating new sub-plots, that sort of thing. Right now it's sitting at over 100k, and I hope to get it down to at least 80 in this revision.

3. I was recently asked to answer this incredibly difficult question:

"What do you think you'd do if someone you knew confessed to you that they'd committed a murder, and what do you think you'd actually do?  

Terra Elan McVoy posted my answer, along with five other brilliant and varied answers from other authors on her blog this week, in celebration of her release of her latest YA novel, CRIMINAL. Here's the link! It's definitely worth checking out.

4. I'm off to the Cloverdale Rodeo this weekend! I recently read a friend's manuscript, which was set among the rodeo circuit. I've never been to a rodeo, but it really intrigued me. So when the secretary from my church asked me if I'd be willing to help at their Horse Camp booth at the rodeo, I said sure. I'm excited about it, though I don't know if I'll actually get to see any of the rodeo performances. Have you been to a rodeo? What do you like best about them?

I am getting caught up this week! Or at least I'm trying my best. If you're waiting for an email or interview or vlog or anything else from me, I'm hoping to get to it to you in the next week, and thank you thank you for being patient!

Happy weekend, everyone, and YEEEHAWWWW!

4 comments:

  1. Just back from reading it. Very powerful. I loved your answer Denise, and I love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya.

    Just wanted to say hello and let you know I nominated you for a Very Inspiring Blogger Award. The details are here: http://bit.ly/17cy552

    Have a great day!

    Cheers,

    Tonette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks for thinking of me, Tonette! Unfortunately I don't have much time for blogging these days, but it's certainly an honor to be awarded with this :)

      Delete