Join my Mailing List for Free Books!

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Spotlight on VIRTUOSITY by Jessica Martinez!

While away at the Surrey International Writers' Conference, you may think I was hanging in the bar, partying my nights away. But no. My wonderful editor had just sent me a couple of books the week before, and there was one in particular that I Could. Not. Put. Down. So, yes, I was the girl who sat in her hotel room reading every chance she got!

This book captivated me from the first page. I loved being taken into the world of a teen professional performer, as I was one of those (to a lesser degree than Carmen) myself. Did I mention there's a hot British boy in it too?


Here's the synopsis from the back of the book:


About Jessica (a fellow Canadian, I might add): Jessica was born and raised in Calgary, Canada. As a child she  played the violin, read books and climbed trees incessantly. She went on to study English and music at Brigham Young University, and since then has been a high school English teacher, symphony violinist, elementary school teacher, violin teacher, and mother. She currently lives in Orlando, Florida with her husband and two children.

I don't generally review books on the blog, but when I find a book I love, I want to share it. I hope you'll pick up a copy of VIRTUOSITY and because Jessica is also pretty hilarious, you should follow her on Twitter.

5 comments:

  1. so that's where you went instead of hanging in the bar with us till the wee hours...
    Sounds like a great book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard lots of great things about this book. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I just read this book too!! I LOVED IT!! :D It was sooo hooking! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard good things about this one! It's on my list.... ;)

    ReplyDelete