Friday, July 19, 2013

Friday Four!

I'm sure thankful for #FollowFriday on Twitter. Otherwise I'm sure I would have had no idea what day it is!

1. I'm home from Sacramento! Had a great time visiting friends there. Our friends put on a huge natural bodybuilding competition, so my husband and I try to join them each year to help out (we used to run our own bodybuilding shows). This year we stayed on a few days extra and traveled to the coast with our friends (along with a new friend, Chris Nsubuga, who also happened to be a pro champion from the competition). Here we are together (I'm almost as lean and muscular, right?)



2. I'm a little behind on things like blogging, but I still have a little green alien on deck for a blog interview. Next week Ace Hansen will be here for sure. Look forward to it! He's a fun little guy.

3. What am I reading? I just finished up THIS SONG WILL SAVE YOUR LIFE by Leila Sales, and as anticipated, I absolutely loved it! It's not out quite yet, but maybe I'll have a contest soon so one of you can win this early copy.

4. What am I writing? Still plugging away at MAKING MIRACLES. I'll be looking for a couple of beta readers soon, so if you're interested, email me at d(at)denisejaden(dot)com. I also have received some feedback on some other manuscripts, so I have lots to keep me busy through the summer.

The weather is beautiful here and not too terribly hot. I'm feeling bad for all my Twitter friends who have been cooking lately. Since it's summer, I've been thinking about good beach reads. Next week I'll try to come back and list a few of my favorites. Do you have favorite beach reads?

Happy weekend! Oh, and a happy birthday to me--I'm getting even older on Sunday :-)

2 comments:

  1. You do bodybuilding? That's awesome! Very impressive btw. I have sort of a curious fascination with fitness and bodybuilding; I grew up with someone who was obsessed with it (his room was wallpapered with M & F mag pics) but I'm usually too embarrassed to follow it myself. Definitely admire all the natural BB's out there (male and female). Takes a lot of drive and dedication, not to mention physical strength. Unfortunately I'm lacking in all three. :/

    As for books, I think I've heard about 'This Song Will Save Your Life.' Have to look into that one. Might be interested in beta reading your book, though I'm a much better proofreader than reviewer.

    Hope you have a good weekend, and a happy birthday! :-)

    The Pedestrian Writer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't really do much with bodybuilding anymore. Just play around at the gym. You're right, it does take an awful lot of dedication!

      Thanks for the bday wishes!

      Delete