Friday, July 26, 2013

Friday Four!

1. What am I reading? Tina Fey's BOSSYPANTS. There are not a lot of books that can literally make me laugh out loud, but many times this week I have spit out my food or wine or nearly choked on my own saliva from laughing so hard at this book. Laughter is very good for the soul (and the body) so I highly recommend this book. And you may notice I don't recommend (or read) a lot of grown-up books. This is going on my Top Twelve (see right sidebar).

2. What am I writing? I have had a glorious three days of writing absolutely nothing! Of course, if you've followed my blog for any amount of time, you know that not writing makes me grumpy. But my mind needed a few days for a creativity-chill. I was starting to jumble thoughts between all my books and question everything I was writing or revising. I'm already feeling much more clear-headed. I have notes on two manuscripts waiting for me, plus I'm expecting copyedits on FAST FICTION by the end of the week, so I will be launching into a very busy August of writing.

3. Yes, I'm still homeschooling. We took a week off for our recent trip to California, but we are back at it almost daily. I like homeschooling through the summer. It gives us a chance to not worry so much about the curriculum and have fun learning together. Yesterday, for example, we watched this fun physics video on building stronger sand castles. Then we went to the beach and conducted some experiments on the strength of sandcastles (we ended up with one that could hold both my son and me without collapsing!)



4. The only thing better than visiting good friends you haven't seen for a while, is visiting a good author-friend you haven't seen in a while. This weekend I get to do both! I'll be going to the Okanagan to catch up, soak in the sun, drink wine, and talk shop with Elle Strauss and some other very good friends.

Wishing you all a very happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment