Join my Mailing List for Free Books!

Friday, July 5, 2013

Friday Four!

Is it truly Friday? It feels like any other day than Friday.

1. I ventured down to the US for July 4th to go camping with my mom and my son, which is probably why my internal calendar is all out of whack. Had a great time at a smalltown parade and an awesome fireworks display that seemed to go on and on and on.

2. What am I reading? Still working my way through ALSO KNOWN AS by Robin Benway. I'm enjoying it, but have had some of my own writing/reading stuff to deal with.

3. What am I writing? I've been working on a read-through of FINDING HOPE just after finishing up a revision on it. It still needs a bit of work, but I was really happy with how it's turning out! Though part of me wonders if reading a book in an awesome location will make a book seem better than it actually is. Here's where I was reading the last few days:

La Conner, Washington

4. Also, this week I found my next release, another nonfiction book for writers called FAST FICTION, up on GoodReads. It still doesn't have a cover, though I have seen a few mock-ups of what it might look like. I should be able to reveal that soon. If you're interested in reading this, I hope you'll add it to your to-read list on GoodReads. (It also has a fancy little write-up on there.)

Hope you all have a great weekend! I'm off to a wedding and then getting my son ready for a week full of horse camp next week.


1 comment:

  1. I've heard a lot about 'Also Known As', I might have to check it out. Not sure if I'd like this particular book but I read another Robin Benway book and I really enjoyed it.

    That's a great picture & a very nice place to read. I hear the PNW is beautiful, but I've never been anywhere near it.

    Fast Fiction sounds like something I need to read. I've been stuck on my story for over a year and a half; some pieces were coming together quite well but there are gaping holes in a lot of places. That's when I finally decided to scrap the novel format and write the story as a blog. I will try to write a traditional novel when time is less of a factor.

    The Pedestrian Writer

    ReplyDelete