Monday, December 20, 2010

12 Days of Christmas (YA Author Version)

In between Christmas parties and shaking my bootie (aka professional gigs with my Polynesian dance troupe), I've been spending most of my waking hours deep inside my revision cave. But the brain needs a break once in a while, just a bit of a detour to get the creative juices flowing again.

That is my only excuse for this piece of silliness. (By the way, I got this idea from the fabulous agent/author/ Girlfriend, Lucienne Diver, who recently posted her Twelve Days for Publishing Professionals)

The Twelve Days of Christmas (The YA Author Version)


On the first day of Christmas, my Good Muse gave to me
a bright idea and an M.C.
On the second day of Christmas, my Good Muse gave to me
Two hot boys, and a bright idea and an M.C.
On the third day of Christmas, my Good Muse gave to me
Three school friends, two hot boys, and a bright idea and an M.C.
On the fourth day of Christmas, my Good Muse gave to me
Four motivations, three school friends, two hot boys, and a bright idea and an M.C.
On the fifth day of Christmas, my Good Muse gave to me
Five lines with zing! 
Four motivations, three school friends, two hot boys, and a bright idea and an M.C.
On the sixth day of Christmas, my Good Muse gave to me
Six hours of writer's block 
Five lines with zing! 
Four motivations, three school friends, two hot boys, and a bright idea and an M.C.
On the seventh day of Christmas, my Good Muse gave to me
Seven procrastination techniques 
Six hours of writer's block
 Five lines with zing!
 Four motivations, three school friends, two hot boys, and a bright idea and an M.C.
On the eighth day of Christmas, my Good Muse gave to me
Eight descriptive passages
 Seven procrastination techniques, Six hours of writer's block 
Five lines with zing! 
Four motivations, three school friends, two hot boys, and a bright idea and an M.C.
On the ninth day of Christmas, my Good Muse gave to me
Nine new sub-plots, Eight descriptive passages, Seven procrastination techniques, Six hours of writer's block 
Five lines with zing! 
Four motivations, three school friends, two hot boys, and a bright idea and an M.C.
On the tenth day of Christmas, my Good Muse gave to me
Ten detailed settings
Nine new sub-plots, Eight descriptive passages, Seven procrastination techniques
Six hours of writer's block
 Five lines with zing!
 Four motivations, three school friends, two hot boys, and a bright idea and an M.C.
On the eleventh day of Christmas, my Good Muse gave to me
Eleven obstacles
Ten detailed settings
Nine new sub-plots, Eight descriptive passages, Seven procrastination techniques, Six hours of writer's block 
Five lines with zing! 
Four motivations, three school friends, two hot boys, and a bright idea and an M.C.
On the twelfth day of Christmas, my Good Muse gave to me
Twelve steps of climatic tension
Eleven obstacles
Ten detailed settings
Nine new sub-plots, Eight descriptive passages, Seven procrastination techniques, Six hours of writer's block
 Five lines with zing! 
Four motivations, three school friends, two hot boys, and a bright idea and an M.C.

I offer up signed swag (and a big Merry Christmas wish!) to anyone who's brave enough to post a YouTube video of themselves singing this!

4 comments: