Join my Mailing List for Free Books!

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Favorite Reads of 2010!

I love reading other people's "best of" lists at the end of each year, especially for books (and okay, ESPECIALLY when Losing Faith is listed - LOL).

My list is a big one, but I make no apologies. First of all, because there was just so much awesomeness out there to read this year. But secondly because I read A LOT. More than ever before. Keep in mind, I am a slow reader, and I did not grow up as a reader or writer. In my teen and early adult years, I'd have been lucky to get through about three books in a year. During 2010, I read 82 books! And there are a few I'm still working on, but they will make it onto next year's tally.

Here is a list of some of my favorite reads from this year, in no particular order...

YOU WISH by Mandy Hubbard
TELL ME A SECRET by Holly Cupala
THE SKY IS EVERYWHERE by Jandy Nelson
THE DEATHDAY LETTER by Shaun David Hutchinson
GETTING REVENGE ON LAUREN WOOD by Eileen Cook
FLASH BURNOUT by L.K. Madigan
BIRD BY BIRD by Anne Lamott
NOTHING LIKE YOU by Lauren Strasnick
BAD APPLE by Laura Ruby
FREEFALL by Mindi Scott
IF I STAY by Gayle Forman
BEFORE I FALL by Lauren Oliver
WHAT I SAW AND HOW I LIED by Judy Blundell
STUPID CUPID by Rhonda Stapleton
TEEN IDOL by Meg Cabot
TORTILLA SUN by Jennifer Cervantes
THE RED UMBRELLA by Christina Gonzales
THE TREASURE MAP OF BOYS by E. Lockhart

If you haven't read any of these ones, I encourage you...go out and buy a copy. Support these authors so they can continue producing awesome books! And if you have read and loved any of these, which ones make YOUR favorite list?

2 comments:

  1. I LOVED "If I stay". =) It was such a heartwrenching read that brought tears in my eyes. And then, the end, oh Gosh, the end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, thanks Denise for including TORTILLA SUN! I am so happy you enjoyed it. I still have the message you sent me when you were reading it to your son :) Made my day! Great list....now I KNOW what to use my B and N gift certificate on!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete