Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Wondering Wednesday...

I've had some questions lately, you know, just general life questions, and I thought I'd share some of them. Some are kinda silly, and they're really all over the map, but I still do wonder.

If you have answers, or even just guesses, I'd love to hear it!

1. It's the start of Hanukkah tonight, and I'm interested to know what people do to celebrate, and what the significance is behind it all. Is it a traditional practice for you, or a deeply spiritual one? I'm just curious how different people express different faiths.

2. What percentage of Americans do you think go shopping on Black Friday?

3. What percentage of writers do you think have participated in NaNoWriMo at least once?

4. How's the best way to cook a turkey? I've heard that low temperatures for longer helps keep it moist, and just browning it at the end. Any other suggestions? And what do you use for spices?

5.I'm in the market for a small video camera. What should I look for/what's most important to you? Any model recommendations?

I'll leave it at five for today, but believe me, my overactive brain could go on for days. I wonder about EVERYTHING! So if you have a moment, drop me a note about one or all of these enormously important life questions!

Inquiring minds want to know!

3 comments:

  1. I don't know much about the other questions, but I do know that the best way to cook a turkey is to fry it in a turkey fryer! Crisp on the outside and juicy on the inside...Yumilicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Hanukkah question made me giggle inside a little because today I was driving home from work and the vehicle in front of me on the off ramp had a huge menorah strapped to the top with light bulbs in three spots. Obviously the middles is the "candle" that lights the others, and today the 4th bulb will be added for the third night. In Las Vegas there are plenty of people of the Jewish faith to see Hanukkah decorations up and out. My in laws neighbors even decorate their house with blue lights and a lit-decoration of a menorah over their garage. It makes me smile to see people happy about their faith. :)

    Here is a picture (not very clear though) of the menorah on the car. http://yfrog.com/4rp6bj

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mrs. DeRaps - yes, I've heard about that! I wish I had a fryer (or someone who would cook one that way for me!)

    Ashlie - great picture! Thanks for sharing, and all your insight!

    ReplyDelete