Friday, May 6, 2011

Friday Four!

1. If you're around the Bellingham or Vancouver areas, I have two events coming up this weekend, and I hope you'll stop by. Details are here if you missed them.

2. Today is my second to last day of teaching my writing class for teens. I never did get around to posting some of my notes from my classes, but I still intend to do that. Sorry! Time just slipped away. Today is an open house day where other homeschoolers can drop in to see if they want to be part of the program for next year. So in other words: now that I've finally gotten my introverted students talking to one another and to me, we have to open it up to strangers! But actually, truth be told, some of my brave students have volunteered to read a bit of their writing to 200-some people on the last day. We've come a long way, baby!

3. I've wanted to watch Veronica Mars for a long time, but my husband was never into it, and quite honestly, I never watch TV on my own. If I have time to myself, I feel like I should be writing, since I don't get enough writing time as it is. Anyway, miracle of miracles, this week I put on an episode and my husband didn't fight me on it. In fact, he enjoyed it, and now we've watched four episodes!

4. It's been a pretty crazy month for me. Actually a couple of crazy months. I know I haven't been terribly insightful or interesting on my blog lately, haven't been writing craft posts or updating much on the publication process, but it would take an entire blog post of its own to explain my reasons. So for now I'll just say that things are looking up, and I'll hopefully be back to my normal self soon (not that that is terribly interesting or insightful either, but you know what I'm sayin').

Happy weekend to you all!

2 comments:

  1. I'm the same with my TV viewing - and I haven't seen Veronica Mars yet but have been meaning to for quite some time. One of these days...I'm glad things are looking up!

    Enjoy the events this weekend! I was in the Burnaby metrotown library once (just scoping it out) so will be able to picture you there :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coming to the event tonight! Super excited :) As a teen writer, I think the class you're teaching is awesome.

    ReplyDelete