Join my Mailing List for Free Books!

Sunday, May 8, 2011

A Hug for a Not-So-Happy Mother's Day

I know that for many women, including me, Mother's Day can be a difficult holiday. There are many women who have lost their mothers, or who have lost babies, or have never been able to have children, and for them this holiday sometimes feels like it brings focus back to their loss, while it seems like it's bringing joy to everyone else in the world.

So this is a virtual hug for anyone who's feeling sad and alone. For anyone who doesn't want to be anywhere near a flower shop or a restaurant today.

You're not alone. And it's good to remember that.

7 comments:

  1. Right back at you, Denise. Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your thoughtfulness, Denise. Today is a good day for me, but for a friend, it's awful -- one of the hardest days of the year.

    Blessings to you, my friend....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much, Denise. As a stepmom who usually gets forgotten on Mother's Day, I needed this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hugs to you!!

    And I'm going to give you even more praise. I just finished "Losing Faith" and I couldn't put it down! I loved it! I procrastinated finals by reading it and I was really sad when it was over!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for posting that. My husband and I have struggled with infertility for 7 years. Mother's Day has always been bitter sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've lost a mother and two babies...but I'm thankful and blessed to have two kids and a husband who make everyday a treasure. Hugs to you and all those who struggle through Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete