1. Whew, it's been a crazy couple of weeks! I'm happy to report, though, that I'm slowly catching up on all of my responsibilities, school-wise, house-wise, and writing-wise.
2. I'm waiting for a hard proof copy of WRITING WITH A HEAVY HEART. It should be in my mailbox any day now, and all I have left to do is flip through it and make sure I haven't made any glaring errors, and then upload it to the various online bookstores. If you're planning to purchase a copy, let me give you a little more information, now that I have it.
The paperback copy of the book will be $6.99 and will definitely be available from Amazon. I don't know for sure where else you will be able to get a copy of the paperback version yet, but definitely Amazon. If you don't have a preference, this is the version I would recommend. It's formatted nicely, plus it has exercises that you can fill in right on the pages.
If you have an e-reader or prefer to read on your computer, the e-version will be $2.99. I recommend purchasing this from either Amazon or Kobo, as I was able to upload directly to their sites and most of the formatting stayed in tact and works really well on most ereaders (epub from Kobo and mobi from Amazon). I also uploaded to Smashwords, which will distribute to all the other various channels, but I wasn't able to keep much of the pretty formatting in this version. If you don't care what it looks like and just want the information, of course this version will work just fine for you. Also, both the e-version and the paperback version contain a link where you can print off extra copies of the exercises, so not to worry if you can't complete those on your e-reader.
As soon as I have links to WRITING WITH A HEAVY HEART on sale, I'll make sure to drop by and list them here. Thanks for all who have been giving me so much encouragement on this book already!
3. You know how I love to be a tease? Yeah, well, I'm at it again. I have some possible good news waiting in the wings, but I can't officially say anything until it's officially official. But I'll tell you this...I've always thought it would be the coolest thing ever to see one of my books printed in another language.
4. 'Tis the season to be plotting. For NaNoWriMo, that is. NaNo is just over a month and a half away, and to be honest, this is a little late for me to be thinking about my NaNo project. But I got some renewed inspiration last night, and now I'm feeling like I'm raring to go. I'll be filling in the details of my outline over the next couple of weeks and then letting the idea simmer through October. I don't like to talk about my projects until I've at least written a first draft, but I can tell you that in many ways this one will have some similarity to LOSING FAITH.
5. I'm off to the zoo today with my son and his cousins. I LOVE the zoo. I'm a huge animal person. While my son will likely want to spend most of his time in the spider and snake enclosure, I'll be looking for the big cats. They're my favorite. It's days like these that remind me of how cool it is to be able to homeschool and enjoy stuff like this when it's not super-busy. Not to mention, the nice weather seems to be sticking around.
I'm hoping to go for a wine tour/tasting this weekend, and then kicking back and continuing to plot. What are you up to? Hope everyone has a peaceful and enjoyable weekend!