Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Guest Post on a New Writing Program by Cindy Callaghan


Since I've been thinking a lot about writing instruction books with my new one coming out next week, I've invited Cindy Callaghan, author of Just Add Magic, to stop by and tell me about a new writing program she's been putting together. Take it away, Cindy!

 
Do you have an idea for a book, but you don’t know how to start? 
Check out Your Words on PaperTM, new interactive on-line writing program for beginners.

Thanks for the invite to guest blog on your site.  I’m excited to tell everyone about my new on-line program Your Words on PaperTM.  They might be wondering why I created this program.  Well, I was the type to read with my kids and think, “I can do this.”  Soon it became, “I want to do this.”  Write, that is. 
Maybe you know the feeling…a tingling sensation of what could be when someone mentions writing a book? Or maybe a pang of melancholy? You have a great idea for a book…it’s just waiting to burst out of you, right? You feel compelled to write it, but…you don’t. Maybe you’ve drafted a paragraph or even a chapter, but most of your words are still locked inside, gathering dust, or worse, buried under mounds of cobwebs in your head. I understand. That was me. With three young children, a husband, pets, a full-time career, and little writing experience, how could I take on a project so huge? And learning the ins-and-outs of publishing? No way!
Fast forward several years, after studying lots of writing books, taking classes, attending conferences and workshops, I have a book on the market, one on the way, and several more in the works. 
People ask me all the time: “How’d you do it?” or they say, “I wish I could write, but I just don’t have the talent or the time.” So, I created the Your Words on PaperTM interactive online workshop to help you get rid of the cobwebs and get to writing. I learned a lot, made a lot of mistakes, before getting published.  The YWOPTM program is my writing process that I personally walk people through in a fun, easy-to-follow step-by-step system that helps them jump you over the learning curve.
My goal is to help people get their awesome idea onto paper so they can achieve the results they want.
I hope your readers will join me for the YWOPTM program.  They can register at www.cindycallaghan.com/writers.
All you need is a little ‘can do’ attitude and a computer (or a pen and paper or typewriter, if you still do things the hard way.)  Go to www.cindycallaghan/writers.com to get for more information about the program.  

Denise, people who read your blog, can get a 25% discount if they use the discount code “Writer.”  

No comments:

Post a Comment