Monday, September 10, 2012

Monday Stuff!

I haven't had much time to blog lately, and I really miss it. The good news for you is that because I haven't had time to choose winners for copies of my NEVER ENOUGH STORIES anthology, there's still time for you to enter!

I should be back to choose some winner later this week, but in the meantime, I had a couple of things to tell you about:

I got a couple of trade reviews for Never Enough this week. One was from School Library Journal, and to be honest, that one was the one I hoped the most would be a stellar review, because I'd love to see Never Enough in plenty of school libraries. Sadly, it wasn't. I had to remind myself that it was only one person's opinion, and that there are lots of people who are really loving the book.

So The Bulletin review couldn't have come at a better time! They ended up loving it, and one of my favorite quotes is this:


"With well-developed complications and the convincing realism of daily life...this novel ably leads readers through a rocky terrain of contemporary teen problems."

Yeah, I was pretty stoked about that.

Aside from this, I've been very busily getting my writing/grief book ready to release at the end of the month. I've overcome lots of hurdles in the last week as well as learned plenty of new things about formatting and design. 

Here's a snapshot of my new wrap-around cover:


I'm really excited to have the whole thing done and out there, and I've been hearing from others who are excited about it too, which is nice. I plan to be back later this week and tell you a bit more about the process of writing and publishing this book, because it's really been quite a journey!

See you soon with some NEVER ENOUGH STORIES winners...

2 comments:

  1. Aw, sorry about SLJ. I really think NEVER ENOUGH should be in school libraries, and I'll bet loads of librarians will think so, too, despite the review. Fingers crossed for you and Loann!

    Congrats on the Bulletin review (sweet!), and good luck with whatever tasks are left before your non-fiction makes it way into the world. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Shari! Every day it seems there are more things to do, but I'm wading through tasks one at a time!

    ReplyDelete