Join my Mailing List for Free Books!

Friday, February 11, 2011

Friday Four!

1. Apparently I cannot walk into a bookstore and come out empty-handed. I tried. But these are books I've been wanting for a while and I'm very, very excited about them:
 

2. Maggie Stiefvater once did a post detailing how much she'd spent on books one year. Since I'm in the middle of trying to get my taxes organized, I was tempted to do the same. But then I thought...what if my husband caught sight of the number? Surely I'd be cut off! Then again, he doesn't read my blog.

3. I have a really difficult time formatting pictures in Blogger, and an even worse time getting them aligned in LiveJournal. If anyone knows this Great Secret To Life, please enlighten me. You'd think it would be easy to stick pictures beside each other, or insert them here and there among text. And it probably is. I'm showing my stupidity, aren't I?

4. We're dog-sitting this week while my parents are out of town. My son is thoroughly enjoying the company and I'm back to rethinking about the possibility of getting our own puppy. What do you think? Should we get a puppy?

I'm off to teach teens at the homeschool co-op for the day. I'm teaching novel writing, and helping with a class on web design. Hopefully the web design teacher won't notice how technically dense I am.

P.S. That was really five items, I know, but I didn't number the fifth one, hoping that no one would notice. Then I decided, since I've already called myself daft twice in this post, you probably don't need another reason to think of me that way.

 Teddy and Sushi

3 comments:

  1. Just call it Friday five.

    You know my thoughts on dogs--cats all the way!

    Can't wait to hear about your class, have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous photo. There must be a way to grab it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. But, books don't count as purchases for you...Can't you write them off as "research"? I'd look into it if I were you!

    ReplyDelete