Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Teen Author Tuesday Presents Terry Lynn Johnson and DOGSLED DREAMS!

I'm really excited to get back to Teen Author Tuesdays on my blog! And I'm extra excited that 2011 has started, and with it, a whole new group of debut authors! With so many new books out there each year, and as a new author myself, I'm all about supporting and getting the word out about books that could otherwise get lost among the shuffle. I encourage you to give new books by debut authors a chance. And if you can't afford to buy them, that's okay. Just recommend them to your local bookstore or library. Every little bit helps!

Now, onto my guest for today! Terry Lynn Johnson is a member of The Elevensies. Her debut,

DOGSLED DREAMS, released January 6, 2011 from 4RV Publishing. It is an Outdoor Adventure, for middle grade readers, ages 8 and up.



Welcome, Terry Lynn! Can you tell us about your book in seven words or less?

sled dogs, adventure, family, self-doubt, trust, flying poo missiles

Flying poo missiles? Now what kid is not going to be hooked by that! Other than your main character, who's a favorite character of yours in your debut novel and why?

One of the dogs, Tarzan, smiles like a person showing all his teeth

Can you tell my readers a little bit more about yourself, Terry Lynn?
I live in northern Ontario, Canada. Some of my favourite things are canoe racing, snowshoeing, brownies, the first and only season of Firefly, and dog breath.


A fellow Canadian! Great! What's been the most surprising thing about your path to publication so
far?

The love and support bursting forth from readers and writers online.

What's one piece of writing advice you would give to aspiring authors?

Write your passion, don't try to follow the trends.

Great advice. I wholeheartedly agree. Are you swept up with promotion for your debut book right now or can you give us a sentence or two about something new you're working on?

I'm working on another YA sled dog adventure about a competitive musher who gets lost with her team on a training run in the Alaskan wilderness and finds a boy with a secret.

What did you write when you were a teen? Did you journal? Write poetry? Write overly literary or emotional stories? Or avoid writing altogether?

I wrote cheesy science fiction stories and I've kept a journal for years.

What's the last book you read that you really loved?

VESPER by Jeff Sampson

If readers want to find out more about you and your writing, where should they look?

My website: www.terrylynnjohnson.com
My facebook: www.facebook.com/DogsledDreams
My Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/TerryLynnJ
My Blog: http://terrylynnjohnson.blogspot.com

Thanks for visiting, Terry Lynn!

Terry Lynn also has a great book trailer for DOGSLED DREAMS. Enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. Terry Lynn, with your wip set in Alaska and mine set in the Yukon, maybe our characters can get together one day, lol.

    Thanks for the interview, Denise and Terry Lynn! :)

    ReplyDelete