Saturday, July 31, 2010

Will YOU Like Losing Faith?

As I see it, I probably have two categories of blog readers:

Category A: These people are my big supporters. They may be my friends or family, critique partners or people I've met at writing conferences. Or they may even be people who have stumbled upon a description of LOSING FAITH and think they will love it. These people are excited, along with me, about the launch of my first book in just over a month. Thank you! (with a million, gazillion extra exclamation points!) I love words, but I just can't find ones that are good enough to tell you how much I appreciate all of you!

Category B: Maybe you're just here for the giveaways. Or possibly you just stumble upon my blog each time it has an interesting-looking title. You may not have thought much about Losing Faith and whether or not it would be a book you would enjoy. If you're like me, you don't roam around the Internet scouring for the back copy of upcoming books. You wait until you have a hard copy in your hands - either in a bookstore, library, or in your home to see if it's something you want to read.

If you're a Category B visitor of my blog, Welcome! I still absolutely love having you here. And I don't blame you one bit for not wanting to drop by my Losing Faith Page to read the description. I probably wouldn't either. But...if you are kind of interested, and would like a quick and interesting way to find out if my book is up your alley, I invite you to visit the following link:

http://www.goodbooksandgoodwine.com/2010/07/fragment-friday-losing-faith-by-denise.html

April from Good Books and Wine (what a great name, right?!) has put together an awesome vlog. She's very entertaining, giving a short description of Losing Faith and then reading an excerpt of her choice. It was so cool for me to see the excerpt she chose!

So if you have about four minutes to spare, hop on over to her blog and see if you might want to move into Category A! And if not, no worries. See you back here Monday for ANOTHER great giveaway!

6 comments:

  1. I must admit to being one of the Category B people. I saw your giveaway on LHA's new website yesterday, and so I stopped by. I headed over to your website and I think YES, Losing Faith sounds like a book I'd like. Definitely going to check it out when it becomes available. :)

    Mardie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I'm reading all of the Class of 2K10 books so I would have read it anyway but I am really looking forward to reading Losing Faith and have been for awhile now. It looks so good.
    I'm being completely honest when I say some of my favorite books this year have come from the class of 2K10 and I don't know if I would have read some of them otherwise so I'm glad I made this my reading challenge this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As you know, I'm category A and I loved the April's vlog--so cool!

    Congrats on all the great reviews that are starting to pop up.

    Elle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Elle - and thanks for ALL your support.

    Mardie , so, so glad to hear it! I hope it lives up to your expectations!

    Karen - that really is wonderful news ( and I agree!) I'll definitely pass your thoughts along to the rest of the Class!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just stumbled on to you blog from the tenner site.

    Congratulations! September 7th is just around the corner.

    Losing Faith looks like a very compelling read.

    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait for your book to come out! I was a category B reader plus a fascination with getting a more in depth look into an author's mind until I watched April's video. I love the excerpt she read. I got shivers up my spine! Now I'm so excited for September I'm less worried about starting at a new school. Thanks so much <3

    ReplyDelete