Monday, August 9, 2010

Author Revealed! Am I LOSING FAITH?

Remember when I went to NYC a couple of months ago and was terrified about shooting an author video at Simon & Schuster? Yes, well, I recently got my first glimpse at it!

And now it's up on the S&S website! Eep! I'll paste it below here and see if it works. I very much dislike myself on video, so anything at all you could say to make me feel better would be much appreciated! (Gotta love that still shot that looks like I'm kissing the camera!)



By the way, here's a little interesting tidbit...My editor suggested that I wear something brightly colored for the interview. She specifically said that black doesn't show up well. So I wore this cute dress with pinks, and oranges, and greens. And what does the camera catch? The black trim, and only the black trim, at the top. Oh well!

So this is now up on my Simon & Schuster page here, along with some other tidbits for anyone interested.

11 comments:

  1. Well done. You are great on video! No umms, ahhs, or even likes. Can't wait to read the book and promote it in my classroom. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed this, listening to you talk about the book. I can't wait to read it. I really can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was great, Denise, and you are gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to kiss your feet - every single one of you!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a great interview!!! You look great and it makes me want to read the book all over again :)
    And you speak so clearly, it's fab!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your interview was great and I got to learn a bit more about the book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! After reading two of your books, I think you can officially be called The Sisters' Expert.

    Just curious...were you working from a script? I'm very impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Script?! I wish, Caroline! Thanks so much for the encouragement though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I couldn't get the video on your blog to work, but that may have been my computer's fault. However I went to the S&S site and watched the trailer twice. Impressive! I really liked your conversational approach... it's inviting and intimate, and just right for the story. And you look lovely. :)

    Gotta ask, though... what's with the "Is Denise Jaden LOSING FAITH" and "Am I LOSING FAITH? I get that the questions include the book title, but I don't see the point of the questions themselves. Am I being dense?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Carol! I put the the title to allude to the title that S&S gave it. I think S&S was just trying to do the play on words thing. I don't think it means anything serious, but it's cute and eye-catching.

    ReplyDelete