Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Other People Writing About Losing Faith

I have a couple of fun things to share with you today! As I mentioned in earlier posts, my good friend Jerrica Santos wrote a song about my book and played it at my launch party.


It was amazing, and she's working on recording it for me so I can share the whole thing with you. But in the meantime, she sent me the lyrics. Keep in mind, I gave her a short synopsis of my book, she watched the book trailer, but she never actually read the book before writing this. I'm just astounded at how well it goes with my book!

Losing Faith by Jerrica Santos 
(copyright Jerrica Santos, 2010)

Ever night I hear your voice again
Calling out to me
The nights they seem so lonesome when
I'm waiting here for you
I'll never be the same again
But the world continues to go on

The nights are growing cold
Silence seems to take a hold
Scared of looking back, how to act, heart has turned to stone
And then I start to fade away
Tell me how to feel
Still trying to grasp on what is real
Nothin left to lose have to choose
But I'm struggling
To put these memories away

And now
When all that has been said and done
A new day has begun
But I'm losing faith
Need someone to show me how
How can I keep moving on
When everything is gone
Cuz I'm losing faith
Tonight
Someone save me

I dwell on memories of you
But I continue on
You gave me love and laughter too
But pictures start to fade
And colours of our lives turn blue
Am I strong enough to choose

The nights are growing cold
Silence seems to take a hold
Scared of looking back, how to act, heart has turned to stone
And then I start to fade away
Tell me how to feel
Still trying to grasp on what is real
Nothin left to lose have to choose
But I'm struggling
To put these memories away

And now
When all that has been said and done
A new day has begun
But I'm losing faith
Need someone to show me how
How can I keep moving on
When everything is gone
Cuz I'm losing faith
Tonight
Someone save me


Isn't that so awesome!? I can't wait to have the recorded version to listen to while I write! And in case you missed it last time, here's a little clip of her singing it. (This one is from my brother's camera, and unfortunately, every time I try to turn it upright, I lose the sound. But it does show Jerrica's handiwork on the piano nicely.)



One other little piece of writing I wanted to share, this one a funnier little excerpt. My brother wrote me a little story for my birthday that had me feeling slightly panicked. LOL, not really, but it was fun. This is what I found in my birthday card this year:

She awoke to the sound of her own heart beating. The room was dark, save for the green LED clock blinking 12:00, and the house was silent. Unusually so. Was something wrong?

Alone in the big house the budding young author was unable to go back to sleep. She quietly slipped out from under the covers and picked up the manuscript to her latest novel, "A Gruesome Silence", and stepped out of the bedroom onto the plush carpet of the darkened hallway where she stopped dead in her tracks. Everything was perfectly silent, but she knew she was not alone, she felt a presence... she knew she was being watched. 


Quickly she stepped to the top of the stairs, and began to silently descend. One step, and then another, and then another - but the third step creaked. She tried to pretend she hadn't just done that. She hoped beyond hope that it hadn't happened. Then she abandoned that hope, and ran quickly the rest of the way down the stairs, where she made a quick left into the study and as gently as possible, slammed the door behind her. There was no lock on the door, but there WAS a small wooden wedge intended to keep the door open which she kicked tightly under door in the hopes that it would at least slow the intruder - give her a few seconds head start. That is, if he was still out THERE. 


Her eyes were used to the dark, and she scanned the room for anything out of place. This was her second home - or rather, it WAS her home, part of it at least. The part where she spent most of her waking hours. Where she painstakingly wrote and re-wrote her first novel, "Losing Faith", which would have been a best seller if that other darn author hadn't written a novel with the identical title, and released it two weeks ahead of her own - capitalizing on all of the work she had put into promoting her own book over the past half year. 


As her eyes continued to rake the room, suddenly she stopped. Her laptop - there, on her desk. What was wrong? It was off. She NEVER turned her laptop off. Oh, this was good. Too good.
She rushed to the desk and pounded the power button, looking behind her both to the left and to the right. If she could only get this down on paper...


So as you can see, writing obviously runs in our family. Thanks again, Brent! And Jerrica!

1 comment:

  1. Very cool! Thanks for sharing. :)
    My review of Losing Faith is scheduled for Oct. 4th. Yay! Loved it, btw. Yay!
    Lisa ~ YA Literature Lover

    ReplyDelete