Join my Mailing List for Free Books!

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Launch Party Fun!

I'm finally getting a few pictures and videos uploaded from my launch party (thanks to Mindi Scott and my awesome brother!). It's been a busy week! I don't have the really nice pictures back from my photographer yet, but in the meantime, here are a few to show you what a great time it was...

This is how the day started:



These are my good friends from the Paul Tavai Polynesian Dancers (the group I also dance with). A pretty exciting way to kick-off a book launch!

From there, I went on to talk about my book and do a short reading. Because it was held in a museum/gallery, there's a bit of an echo on the video. Instead, if you're interested in seeing a short reading, the following is the exact same excerpt, as I read it yesterday for The Vancouver Sun's Raise A Reader program:



And then, for a very special treat, my friend Jerrica Santos (recording artist with Get Right Music AND former Canadian Idol finalist) came out to perform her new single, written especially for my event, written especially to go along with my book, entitled Losing Faith. It totally made me cry. Here's a little taste of that (again, sorry for the echo-y room!)



Just go ahead and tell me that's not THE COOLEST THING EVER!

And if that's not enough, the place was swarming with people, AND I had a lineup of people who wanted me to sign their books! I really felt like I was famous for about five minutes, until my husband reminded me there's still plenty of laundry to do at home :(

Oh! And the food! I can't forget that. I'll have to show you the gorgeous, homemade cupcakes later (no pictures yet) but here is the cake:


So as you can see, it was a really, REALLY amazing day! I'm so thankful to all the people who helped make it that way. I am so incredibly blessed! I only wish all of you could have been there too!

More pictures to come as soon as I have them...

6 comments:

  1. WOW! :O That cake is one fine piece of art! :D I wouldn't even eat it because I would be staring at the beautiful art that cake is. :)

    And to have a song with the tittle of your book is just AMAZING.

    Thanks for sharing the lunch party with us, Denise. Looks like you had lots of fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! It looks wonderful. Congrats on the release. I'm in the middle of LOSING FAITH right now and loving it. Gorgeous cake too! Now I'm hungry. :)
    Lisa ~ YA Literature Lover

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! Everything looks amazing. The dancing looks so fantastic and that very neat that there's a song to go along with your book. I saw the cute cupcakes on Mindi Scott's livejournal and they look as great as your cake does. Looks like it was a blast. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! I LOVE the cake! I'm glad you had such a great time (:

    ~Alison

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the videos! Thanks so much for posting them. I'm so glad your launch turned out so great! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an incredible day, Denise!!! I love all the videos! Thanks for sharing them. And your cake was gorgeous (and looks yummy!). Can't wait to see more pics. :)

    Congrats on a great launch and book!

    ReplyDelete