Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Story Behind The Story and Cover Art on Day 9: The Tour. The Party.

The Online Party - I've been hearing some comments that the online party/blog tour is slightly confusing, so I thought I'd start each day from here on in with a mini-explanation. As you know, I'm celebrating the release of Losing Faith. Several blog owners are helping me celebrate by featuring me and/or my book on their blog between September 1-14. To encourage you to visit these blogs, I've tried first of all to make all the blog posts very fun and different, and secondly, I'm giving away three Grand Prizes (you can see the details of these on Day 1) All you have to do to enter to win these fabulous prizes is drop by the blogs (linked under "BLOG TOUR" below) and leave a quick comment on each of the blogs.  You get a separate entry for every blog you comment on, and you have until September 14th to comment on ANY of the blogs in the tour (so feel free to go back to Day 1 and comment right now!)

Besides the blog tour, I'm also having fun "Party Games" here each day, which can earn you extra entries for the Grand Prizes. Read on to find out about today's shenanigans...

Some More Prizes! I'll be heading over to The Tenners and Class of 2k10 sites in a few moments to post this, but just to make it easier on my loyal blog followers...here are the winners of the Faith Day Gift Packs!

The Tenners Gift Pack goes to...

Bookworming in the 21st Century!

And the Class of 2k10 Gift Pack goes to...

Brooked45!


Congratulations, and thanks to everybody who helped spread a little faith and hope in the world! Winners: please email your address to d (at) denisejaden.com and I'll get these out in the mail to you as soon as possible!

Today's Party Game: contact your local library by phone, Internet, or in person and suggest a purchase of LOSING FAITH. Tell me the name of the library, city, and state in the comments for another entry to win one of the grand prizes!


Here's the info you may need when suggesting a purchase:
Title: Losing Faith
Author: Denise Jaden
Publisher: Simon Pulse / Simon & Schuster
Genre: YA contemporary, ages 14 and up
ISBN: 978-1416996095


And much more blog tour fun for today...
BLOG TOUR - Interview at www.hollycupala.com – come and find out about The Story Behind The Story for LOSING FAITH.

BLOG TOUR – Interview at  http://amyholderbooks.blogspot.com – come and find out a little more about the cover art for LOSING FAITH.

BLOG TOUR – My guest post on What’s Great About YA These Days is up at http://www.fantasticbookreview.com

And one more link, just for fun: A bit more on the Story Behind the Story of Losing Faith over on my Simon & Schuster page!


Only five more days of party fun left! Oh, and incidentally, today is my mom's birthday and she is a faithful reader of this blog! Wish her happy birthday in the comments for another entry for the grand prizes!

See you all tomorrow!

10 comments:

  1. Okay, so, I called "La Casa del libro" (the bookstore I go here in Madrid-Spain) and they said they didn't have the book, but they wrote it down to ask for it in the future. I guess we'll to have Losing Faith here in Spain. Can you tell me wich are the countries your novel is going to be selled, Denise? :)

    Oh, and happy birthday to your momma!! :D I wish her the best. :) Happy-Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Denise's mom! *waves* Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Minamostaza - so far only North American rights have been sold. I have had some interest from a few other countries, so keep your fingers crossed! I would love to see it printed in Spain!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, Happy Birthday Mom! That's great. I did call my library. It's Columbine Library in Jefferson County, Littleton, Colorado. The librarian told me that they have already ordered several copies. Yay! :)
    Lisa ~ YA Literature Lover

    ReplyDelete
  5. *fingers crossed* I hope that happens. Once I read it I'll recommend it to all the Spanish blogs I visit and one where I help translating some stories. :) There are actually lots of readers here, it's quite surprising to see those readers are actually more adults than teens who buy YA novel because they just feel like their teen spirit needs it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks again, Denise. I can't wait to start reading all those books. I hope your mom has a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a little late but Happy Brithday to Denise's mom!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Late but HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY Denise's mom :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I called Indian Prairie Public Library in Darien, IL, but they were closed today. So I went to my second option... Lisle Public Library and they said they'd look into it! :)

    Happy birthday Denise's mom!

    And WOOT I won the Tenners prize pack!!! How awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete