Join my Mailing List for Free Books!

Thursday, September 16, 2010

And the Poetry Journal Goes to...

Remember way back on Day 2 of my blog tour, I had a poetry contest to win a poetry journal?

Well my two BFF's...they couldn't agree. Hmmm. So it looks like I'm giving away TWO POETRY JOURNALS!

Here are the winning poems. Enjoy! And if the winners could email me with their mailing addresses, I'll get them their poetry journals ASAP! (d (at) denisejaden (dot) com).

And for your enjoyment...here are the winning poems!

This one is from Cass...


I'm sorry, do I know you?
Is this the path you chose to take?
To make,
only to break--
what a mistake.

Estranged though we are,
two hearts remain beating against
one another,
Don't let this falling out marr
the love we once shared;
I just need to know you once cared.

Stirring,
whirring,
slightly burning;
I'm sorry I left it so late,
never could I hate
the one I used
to
appreciate.

I just wish you knew.



And this one's from Bee...

You and me
We'll forever be
Birds of the same feather
Who never flock together.
Rush of the same blood
Digging in the same mud,
Born apart
To the beating of one heart,
Spilling out words of love and hate
Yet forever the best of mates.
Now and forever
Call me whenever
I'll be there
Breathing in the same air.


Aren't those awesome?! Thanks so much to Kim and Shelly for judging, and congratulations again to Cass and Bee!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you to you and your awesome BFFs! *happy dances*

    I love poetry journals :)
    And congrats to Cass, too..that's a lovely poem.

    *goes to shoot off an email*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations girls! :D Those were beautiful poems. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray! :D

    I was really troubled. I forgot where I'd posted all these things, and so I was desperately trying to find the blog. And then that's when it occured to me: Denise Jaden-- DING DING DING!

    I've emailed you. Let me know if you haven't received it!

    ReplyDelete