Join my Mailing List for Free Books!

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Let's Talk Favorite Librarians on Day 4: The Tour. The Party.

The Online Party - I've been hearing some comments that the online party/blog tour is slightly confusing, so I thought I'd start each day from here on in with a mini-explanation. As you know, I'm celebrating the release of Losing Faith. Several blog owners are helping me celebrate by featuring me and/or my book on their blog between September 1-14. To encourage you to visit these blogs, I've tried first of all to make all the blog posts very fun and different, and secondly, I'm giving away three Grand Prizes (you can see the details of these on Day 1) All you have to do to enter to win these fabulous prizes is drop by the blogs (linked under "BLOG TOUR" below) and leave a quick comment on each of the blogs.  You get a separate entry for every blog you comment on, and you have until September 14th to comment on ANY of the blogs in the tour (so feel free to go back to Day 1 and comment right now!)

Besides the blog tour, I'm also having fun "Party Games" here each day, which can earn you extra entries for the Grand Prizes. Read on to find out about today's shenanigans...



Today's Party Game: Tell me the name and location (city & state) of your favorite librarian, and I’ll throw your name AND his/her name in the hat for the grand prizes! (If you don't know their name, still make sure to tell me the name of the library, the city, and state so I can at least throw YOUR name in!)

Don’t forget to drop by these two blogs today and comment to earn yourself extra entries for the grand prizes!

BLOG TOUR - On http://mindiscott.livejournal.com/161504.html - The Magic 8! Come and find out my Breakfast-Club-style label!

BLOG TOUR - And on Amy Brecount White's Blog, find out about my favorite flower and how it translates into the language of flowers!

Both of these blogs are run by great author-friends of mine. I hope you'll stop by and say hi! And I look forward to seeing you back here tomorrow!! (Yes, blog tours and online parties even continue on Sundays...)

12 comments:

  1. My favorite library is "La Casa Del Libro" here in Madrid, Spain. :) It has lots of awesome books. I wish yours came here too. :)

    meli_963@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs. Peggy Bramble (I think the last name is correct). She is the librarian in Elizabeth City, NC 27909. She works so hard for her library.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite is Clara...in Cold Spring, KY. I actually volunteer with her. she's the YA librarian and is fabulous. I actually gave her some of your bookmarks yesterday. :)

    -lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! Haha I'm enjoying this game :) Thank you !

    My fave library is the Monmouth County Headquartars Library in Monmouth County, New Jersey. It's the biggest library I've been to and has a nice feel to it :) I don't have a fave librarian, but it's amazing!

    And I love the blog/book tour so far! It's cool knowing things about you and things about your book! So thank you !

    ~Alison
    lostinbelieving(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! Haha I'm enjoying this game :) Thank you !

    My fave library is the Monmouth County Headquartars Library in Monmouth County, New Jersey. It's the biggest library I've been to and has a nice feel to it :) I don't have a fave librarian, but it's amazing!

    And I love the blog/book tour so far! It's cool knowing things about you and things about your book! So thank you !

    ~Alison
    lostinbelieving(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoops, sorry! I accidently hit the publish button twice, so please ignore one of my comments ^

    ~Alison

    ReplyDelete
  7. My very favourite library is Carleton Place Public, in Ontario, Canada. And one of my favourite librarians there is named Judy. I'm afraid I don't know her last name, I've known her for years, and STILL don't know!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm drawing a complete blank about my librarian's name--can totally picture her, but... nothin'. It'll come to me later (probably in the middle of the night or some such unhelpful time, lol). Anyway, she's at the Campbell River branch of the Vancouver Island Regional Library. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My favorite librarians are all the ladies at Shaler North Hills Library in Glenshaw, PA! They're always super nice :)

    kaitlynkline[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  10. My favourite librarian was probably from my primary school (I can't disclose location, but in Australia). I can't remember her name, sadly- it's been a while- but she was so sweet and funny and incredibly strong! Very inspirational, now that I think about it.

    cc932005 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this library we found near us in Lisle, IL. It has video games for my dear hubby and a great teen section. As for favorite librarians.. I'm going to go with my ex boss when I worked at a public library - Stephanie - she pointed me in the direction of so many good books I don't know if I could ever thank her enough.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My favorite librarian isn't actually a librarian anymore, she's a teacher now. Her name is Nicki, and I love her. She worked at the Cleburne Public Library in Cleburne, Texas.

    ReplyDelete