Join my Mailing List for Free Books!

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Administration of a Blog Tour

I've had several people asking me how I put together my blog tour. The easy answer is...I don't know. Really it just came together somehow. I guess one thing I did was started to plan very early. When people asked me for interviews, even six months ago, I asked them if they'd like to hold off on posting it and be part of my official blog tour. All the blog owners were happy and excited to do this, so I just fit in a date that worked for both of us. I also asked some of my author-friends and critique partners if they'd like to host.

Some blog owners had a set of questions they had already compiled, and with some, I helped to come up with a theme that they could ask questions around. That helped add to the variety of the tour I think.

And then I came up with the idea of the Party Games. As I came up with new ideas, I'd just add them to my list, and by the time my blog tour came around, I had plenty of games for the 14 days. (In fact, I had to skip some. But don't worry, I'll still have those games a little later, just for fun.)

I wanted to make up a vlog of picking the winners for the grand prizes tomorrow, but to be honest, I haven't made a vlog in so long and I was feeling out of practice. So I made up a little practice video about how much work this tabulation process has been, among other things, just for fun.

I think the volume is a little low on this one, so you may want to turn up your volume before viewing. I'll try to fix that for tomorrow. You might notice that my hair is sopping wet. That's because I made time to have a shower before making this video. Have you been over to The Contemps site to hear about how we love over-sharing? Um, yeah. So this is the real me...

Enjoy! And see you tomorrow!



Oh, and just for fun, here's a picture of our cat (not really OUR cat, actually just one of the neighborhood cats we've "adopted" part-time into our home. This cat obviously knows something good when he sees it (LOL)...

4 comments:

  1. He-he, your son wanted to be in the video too. :)

    Ohmigod, you have lots of cutting papers to do. Good luck!

    Your hair actually reminds me of Becca Fitzpatrick (author of the Hush Hush series). It's cute.

    Aww, a cat! A cat! How I miss them. *sighs* I love cats but ever since I moved my parents don't allow any pets in the house. For one because my little brother can't be around cats since the doctors said he could get asthma if he was closed to cats or dogs.

    Anyway, good luck with all the cuttings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with all that cutting! I hope your scissors have those soft handles so your fingers don't hurt.

    And I have to say that this tour was incredibly well put together. It was a lot of fun to visit the various blogs and read the interviews and everything.

    Thanks :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the info, I was wondering how it works!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've heard me say it before--cats rule!

    Oh, the kid in the background is pretty cute, too! *hi, Teddy*

    ReplyDelete